Since SunTrust and BB&T merged in December 2019 to form Truist, the nation’s 6th largest bank, I have continued my work within the Commercial line of business as our team of UI designers, UX designers, and researchers has more than doubled in size!
As we work toward “Client Day 1”, which is the day when people will start transacting as Truist customers, our goal within Commercial is to provide corporate financial professionals and bank employees with the tools they need to keep their day-to-day operations up and running.
My role at Truist
I am the UX Lead for the client setup and onboarding process for Truist’s flagship product within Commercial. While I am chiefly focused on internal tooling, I also provide oversight and insight to other designers who work on the client-facing products. To expand on this, in my current role, I am:
• Leading the design for our internal tool for onboarding commercial clients and working to establish a vision for the future of Truist’s client services and onboarding tooling.
• Improving design team processes and helping other designers develop better ways of working by sharing techniques (1:1 and in group settings) and leading by example.
• Identifying cross-product design work and coordinating with other teams to help build holistic and effective products and make sure that the right work gets prioritized.
• Working with Product to help guide product strategy and to make sure we pursue opportunities that solve for clear user needs.
• Initiating and conducting research with my team, typically in partnership with a researcher, to identify insights that guide the vision, identify pain points and surface opportunities.
• Using design artifacts (service blueprints, process maps, concept models, prototypes) and collaboration sessions (discovery workshops, prioritization workshops) to build understanding, spark conversations, and aid decision-making.
• Interviewing and assisting with onboarding new UX designers.
Note: To comply with my non-disclosure agreement, I cannot publicly share any design work or specifics at this time. I am happy to talk about design challenges and learnings in person, so feel free to get in touch.