How might we make better use of job seeker and employer data in order to improve interactions between these cohorts?
During my time at CareerBuilder, I became very familiar with all of the highs, lows, and in-betweens of job hunting, recruiting, and hiring.
While I initially joined as a visual designer, my role eventually evolved into that of a hybrid designer, and I had the opportunity to contribute to and lead strategy, interaction design, and visual/UI design efforts on several B2B and B2C projects.
Below is a case study and a selection of project summaries from my time at CareerBuilder. Click here to view more detailed overviews of these projects.
Case Study: Opportunity Mapping
Below is a case study where I walk through how we leveraged existing research to create a comprehensive "ecosystem" map, and how we used this map to help guide short- and mid-term product strategy decisions for the Jobs by CareerBuilder mobile app.
1. Email (re)designs: Combined findings from heuristic evaluation, user flow analysis, competitive analysis, and email metrics to make UX recommendations and inform design decisions for job seeker and employer emails.
2. Supply & Demand Export Page: Architected and designed a report export page that delivers recruitment analytics to employers. The purpose of this report was to provide better support to employers in their recruiter efforts, and help recruiters/account managers speak more confidently with their hiring managers/clients.
3. Company Profile Pages: Architected and designed a page within CareerBuilder.com that would allow job seekers to review relevant information about companies, such as company history, open positions, employee perception, financial information, and company culture.
4. Jobs by CareerBuilder Mobile App: Collaborated with Consumer Mobile Apps team to design and successfully launch an MVP by end of Q4 2016. An empty state illustration that I designed resulted in a 92% increase in resume uploads, which was the primary KPI.
5. Jobs by CareerBuilder Mobile App Update Email: Designed an email to announce new feature updates for the mobile app. Wrote copy and created spot illustrations in order increase our "friendly factor" and help close the gap between us and job seekers.